Monday, August 4, 2008

Haydn's Teacher

Today, Haydn's teacher (Sonya Herring) made a home visit to meet us all. She was great and we all really liked her a lot. Haydn got along with her immediately and really eased my nervousness. He showed her his room, his puppies, his snake (yes his snake), and all his tractors. Thank goodness she surprisingly really likes snakes as well!
Haydn will begin school on August 21st with Pre-K 4 at Levelland Christian School and will attend on Tuesday and Thursdays of each week from 8:30-11:30 am. Then, the rest of the day he will stay in the "child care center" there until 5:00. I am very excited for him because I know this interaction with the other children will be great for him. I am also excited, but also a little nervous and also a little sad. I can't believe my baby boy is starting school. But, I know it is time and thank goodness it is only 2 times a week and only 3 hours a day. This will enable him to get warmed up to it slowly.
New student orientation is Monday, August 18th at 6:00, so we are looking forward to that as well. I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Dawn Jenkins said...

Sonya is great...she is so patient and kind, but a wonderful teacher as well. He will thrive out at LCS!!!